And There's More...
In this brief introduction we have seen some of the most basic concepts in
- Using the command line interpreter for interactive development
- Some integer maths operators
- Some stack flow operators
- Extending Forth with the colon compiler
- Some control flow operators
The aspects of Forth that are not covered here include;
- Operators for other data types, such as char, string, floating point etc.
- Other predefined compilers, such as VARIABLE and CONSTANT
- File Handling
- Virtual Memory
- Exception Handling
- Forth Assemblers
- Creating new task specific compilers
- Extending the colon compiler
- Statically allocated memory
- Dynamically allocated memory
- Forth development tools
- Writing a new Forth system in Forth
If this introduction has whetted your appetite, you may want to visit some
of the other Forth related items present on the 'net;
Return to the contents page.